This academic year, Penygaer school have joined with Sustrans in order to increase and sustain the number of pupils travelling to school actively. Over the next year we hope to see more children choosing an active and healthy journey to school. Here are some changes that we aim to see:
- Increased physical activity levels resulting in improved health and wellbeing
- Reduced congestion and parking issues
- Improved relations with parents & local community
- Improved academic performance and attainment
- Increased road safety awareness
- Increased independence,confidence and self-esteemfor young people.
Use this page to find out about all the exciting things we have planned to help you choose an active journey.
17th October 2018 - Today Dr Bike visited Penygaer to provide safety checks and repairs to our bikes. 32 bikes were completed, all ready for their active journeys to and from school.