Autumn 2015 - Welly walks to...
* observe changes to the environment after rainfall
* hunt for colours
* develop literacy through environmental exploration
* pick blackberries - which we made into blackberry crumble and ate for afternoon snack!
* find sticks to make individual autumn trees
* collect sticks the same size as us to make a 'bonfire' to sing campfire songs around
* find sticks the same size as our hand span - which we used to make snowmen decorations
* track how seasons change our environment
As part of our 'Battle of the Dinosaurs' theme, we had a very special visitor! Ronnie the baby T-Rex and his ranger Chris came to entertain us! It was a fabulous experience!
We celebrated Shrove Tuesday by having pancake races, eating pancakes with bananas at snack time and learning about Lent. During Lent we will be doing 40 acts of kindness, a new one each day, rather than 'giving something up'. We have begun this week by Smiling at each other before talking, helping each other during task time, and being brave and trying something new.
We have been having a fabulous time celebrating Saint David's Day in Nursery!
Singing, dancing, colouring, cutting and sticking, watching Only Boys Aloud singing, hearing Welsh stories, whole school celebrations, class activities, and Welsh cakes for afternoon snack!! A fantastic day enjoyed by all!